We’ve recently connected with a wonderful group of small business owners, all based in Charleston, who design the most amazing products. We went in more-or-less as complete strangers, and after chatting for less than an hour were all so energized and inspired that we knew we had stumbled upon something incredible.
Here is the start of bigger things to come; from our studios to your homes our #supportsmallbusiness shopping guide of products designed (and mostly handcrafted) in Charleston, SC.
All the products you see are inspired by our lives. They are thoughtfully designed and crafted, with intention and love.
- Hemming Birds “Ollie” Bandana Bib (here): carefully crafted from double-gauze muslin; available in a variety of sweet colors and prints. Bandana bibs are wonderfully soft and absorbent – a perfect fashion accessory for a drooly baby (cause swapping out a new bib is WAY easier than changing a drool-soaked outfit). Solid colors complement any outfit, and prints dress up even the simplest solid color bodysuit. Two snap settings fit babies 3 months – 3 years. Bonus, use them as a bandana to protect baby’s delicate scalp or pull back your toddlers hair.
- Wash With Water Organic Bath Products (here): all-natural, organic bath products crafted in the USA using Moroccan Argan oil and Calendula. Wonderful, sweet scents (and unscented options) all Wash With Water products are ultra-gentle, hypoallergenic – perfect for your little one’s delicate skin. Their product line includes gentle products perfect for little ones with eczema and cradle cap.
- Finkelsteins One-of-a-Kind Creatures (here): adorably handcrafted in Charleston by the Finkelstein team of seamstresses, these quirky creatures are sure to be your little ones favorite snuggle buddy. Fink toys are the perfect unique gift for a new baby or for a little one’s birthday. We LOVE this bunny, our daughters each have an adorable kitty. . . and then there is this llama. Seriously adorable.
- Shuga Bebe Couture Organic Swaddling Bodysuit (here): This luxuriously soft body suit is made from 100% G.O.T.S. Certified Organic Cotton. But it gets better! Struggle to keep your squirmy baby still during a diaper change? Just unsnap the bottom of the bodysuit and snap it up at the shoulders to swaddle baby’s arms. Available in three adorable, gender-neutral patterns as well as bright white (view them all here).
- Templeton Silver Keepsake Pacifier Clip (here): handmade in Charleston using naturally antimicrobial sterling silver, these keepsake pacifier clips are beautiful and functional (and also rigorously safety tested!) Available in a wide variety of colors and styles, from simple monocrome to animal charms. Perfect for keeping pacifiers and teething toys off the floor, these thoughtfully designed clips can later be worn as a bracelet for mom or child (see it here)!
- Wee Little Nomads Adventure Hip Pack (here): perfect for your curious little explorer to keep their treasures in! Available in three adorable prints, fully lined, and adjustable – they even come with a notepad made from recycled paper and mini colored pencil holder. Handcrafted in Charleston, this would make a super-sweet gift for any 3-10 year old! (Psst – they also make that adorable air plant reclaimed wood planter!)
Love the whole collection of gifts? Well, you are in luck! Melissa from The Blue Root creates the most beautiful curated gift boxes. She has a lovely selection of boxes that include a selection of items crafted by Charleston-area artisans (here). Looking for something unique? She LOVES to put together custom boxes – including this one, which would be a perfect baby gift or birthday gift for a child. Boxes can be hand delivered throughout Charleston, or shipped to anywhere in the US.
[Beautiful photos courtesy of Charleston-area family, food, and lifestyle photographer Caroline of Tiny Starrs Photography]